Meetings are considered an important factor towards the success of any project in any organization. Hence it should be effective as well as interesting so that the team members can work together in order to make decisions or resolve any problems. But we often see that too many meetings we attend seemed to be just the opposite. The main objective of the meetings is to encourage productivity and efficiency. There are few key pointers mentioned below which should be kept in mind at the time of meeting:
- Clear Objective: There should always be a clear objective for which the meeting is being hold by the mangers as this is a number one factor for having a successful meeting. Hence there should always be a clear goal and a concrete agenda. Every manager should start the meeting by telling the ultimate agenda for that meeting as these meetings are not the social gatherings rather they are goal oriented business events.
- Meeting Out of the Office: An off-site meeting is perfect for avoiding the meeting tiredness if there are tired faces; low energy and lack of ideas begin to appear in the meeting. Sometimes these kinds of changes are necessary for boosting energy and better ideas back to the table.
- Be Prepared: There should be all necessary preparations before holding the meeting by the managers as this has been considered the key factor of success of the meetings. Before the start of the meetings, all information should be provided by the managers to the employees such as topics list, short description of the objectives and list of the people etc.
- Less People: mangers always keep in mind one thing that there should be necessary people in meeting and they can do this work by a brief summary of these people by mail. If there is a decrease of half an hour in the meeting by reducing two people who are not essential to that meeting, then that is an hour of productive time which has been returned to the company.
- Be Punctual: late arrivals van waste the few minutes of an effective and important meeting or meetings may be few minutes longer. It can waste the time of those persons who come to the meeting on time. So time factor should always be kept in mind by the managers.
- Always Be Focused: we often see that in some meetings, there are persons who are habitual to go for off telling stories which is not connected to the decided topic. This can caused to late projects or non accomplishments of set goals.